Whether you are looking for a qualified instructor training in your aircraft or to start training in one of ours Command Aviation has thew right aircraft to fit your needs. We have a Piper Warrior (low-wing aircraft) and Cessna 172 (high-wing aircraft) nicely equipped with GPS (global positioning system).
1978 Piper PA28-161 Warrior 1976 Cessna 172N
For an airplane single-engine private pilot rating a person must log at least 40 hours of flight time that includes at least 20 hours of flight training from an authorized instructor and 10 hours of solo flight training, the training must include at least–
- 3 hours of cross-country flight training
- 3 hours of night flight training that includes—
- One cross-country flight of over 100 nautical miles total distance
- 10 takeoffs and 10 landings to a full stop (with each landing involving a flight in the traffic pattern) at an airport.
- 3 hours of flight training on the control and maneuvering of an airplane solely by reference to instruments, including straight and level flight, constant airspeed climbs and descents, turns to a heading, recovery from unusual flight attitudes, radio communications, and the use of navigation systems/facilities and radar services appropriate to instrument flight.
- 3 hours of flight training in preparation for the practical test.
- 10 hours of solo flight time consisting of at least—
- 5 hours of solo cross-country time
- One solo cross-country flight of at least 150 nautical miles total distance, with full-stop landings at a minimum of three points
- Three takeoffs and three landings to a full stop (with each landing involving a flight in the traffic pattern) at an airport with an operating control tower
A comprehensive ground program (roughly 35 hours) will prepare students for the Private Pilot written and oral exams and will serve as a base for Commercial and CFI certifications as well. Ground programs include mastery of aircraft components, aerodynamics, flight manuals, weight and balance, weather and weather services, flight planning and navigation, airspace regulations and more.
Flight training for fixed-wing aircraft’s at Command Aviation can be done in one of several available Command Aviation planes. Please refer to the Pricing page on this site or contact Command Aviation staff for specific aircraft information.